Do I Have a Leaky Roof?
Have you ever had a leak in your roof? If so, then this article will answer the most common question that people ask themselves: "Do I have a Leaky Roof?" Leaks can be caused by many things. Sometimes they are due to age or wear and tear on the roof. Other times it is due to poor installation or other building code violations. It is hard for homeowners to know what type of leak they have without hiring an expert. That is why we compiled this list of 7 questions that can help you determine if you have a leaky roof!
First off, if you have found water, or think you have a water issue going on at your home or office, call the West Chester area’s #1 choice for water remediation. SERVPRO of West Chester/Southern Delco can be reached 24/7 at (484)-841-6669 or (610)-506-8919.
7 Questions to help determine if you have a leaky roof:
- Do I ever see water on the ground or on my ceiling?
- Is there a wet spot where water seems to be collecting?
- Does my house have a slanted roof?
- Is my attic exposed to the elements?
- Do I smell dampness or mold in my home or office?
- Do I hear running water at night when it is raining outside?
- Does the insulation in my attic look wet?
Leaks are often caused by age, wear and tear on the roof, or poor installation. Proper repair is needed to fix leaking roofs. There are new materials that have been developed to help seal leaks in roofs that can provide a more permanent solution.
SERVPRO of West Chester/Southern Delco is here to help in any way you have. Do not hesitate to reach out anytime (484)-841-6669 or (610)-506-8919 and you can speak with a professional and set up a technician to come to visit your home or business.